This is a big struggle for a lot of people. If this is you, let me help you get this under control. There are some useful tips in this video but I think I could have laid out a plan better.
So, here is a sample plan that could get you on the right track.
1. Do not give your dog free unlimited access to food and water. Notice I’m not saying to not give these essentials to your dog but rather limit how much availability they have to them. Why do you ask? These two things are the driving factor to what you are struggling with.
2.Give your dog supervised access to food and water. I prefer to give the food during a training session and then let my dog get their fill of water afterward. I would suggest giving one to two opportunities a day but not more than 3.
3. Now that your dog is feed and has had water, crate them in a crate about the size of their body. How long? It varies quite a bit. I’d say to prepare yourself for 20 to 45 minutes.
4. Pay attention. Listen to the sounds your dog makes and learn which sound means they are ready to go out. They will make other sounds too. You can figure this out if you pay attention while they are I their crate.
5. When they are ready, take them to the SPECIFIC potty area you have in mind and then wait. Give your dog plenty of time to do its business. Would 5 minutes be too much to ask?
6. This step is the most important. Please reward your dog the moment they finish going and make it worth your dog’s efforts. Don’t give just one treat. How underwhelming. Perhaps, move a few paces away and play with your dog.
7. Repeat the heck out of this.
Thank you for watching this video. Please, do not hesitate to ask me any questions you may have about this topic or any other dog training topic.
Do you need more help? Let me get involved. It’s 100% free. I just want to see you and your dog overcome this.
You can reach out anytime.
Thank you again!
Follow me on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/althedogtrainer/
Follow me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Longoriahaus/
Please leave a like, comment on any questions, and subscribe! Also, don’t forget to hit the bell icon to get notifications every time I post a new video.
Considerations in Choosing a Dog
Certain breeds have a propensity for hip dysplasia, arthritis, and back problems. I have listed 9 such breeds. Consultation with a veterinarian is recommended before activities and supplements are added to a dog’s diet.Some Pros and Cons With Bull Terrier Puppies
Overall, I think bull terriers are an exceptionally good breed – they are smart and loyal and friendly – still, it is always a good idea to consider every aspect of a breed when considering getting a dog. Some dogs are good choices for small living spaces while others are definitely not. Some dogs are very docile and mellow while others are just buzzing with energy and the need to be active.Dogs in Church
Many people who own pets consider them to be part of their family. Dogs, especially, have become the type of pet that people own and use to blaze new trails in social behavior.How to Choose the Right Shampoo for Your Dog
With such a wide range of dog shampoo products on the market it can be difficult to know which one to buy. In most cases, the preferred choice will relate to the specific needs of your dog. If in doubt, it is worth speaking to your vet to get advice.The Ultimate Guide For Dog Grooming Tips to Keep Your Dog Cool
Loving and caring for your dog is more than simply feeding them on time and giving them water to drink. A dog’s body works differently than ours, and no two dogs have the same body type, just as humans do.